Fairview calling – volunteers needed!
It’s that time of year again when Fairview gets (more) busy and gets cleaned up! This is also the time of year when our volunteer need is the greatest. We really appreciate the support you have given us over the many years and we ask that you consider helping your community once again for our various annual spring events and beyond. We are looking for helpers for the following jobs:
Parade of Garage Sales – Parking lot cleanup – we need many hands to help sweep the Fairmount Medical Clinic parking lot, who generously allow us to use their parking lot for our Parade of Garage Sales. Sweeping takes place on Friday, April 28th, 7pm. With enough people, this is only a 30 minute job!
Bottle Drive bag distribution – Week of May 1st (prior to Friday the 5th afternoon) – we need as many people as we can get to help deliver garbage bags/leaflets door-to-door in mailboxes for our Bottle Drive on Saturday, May 6th. The distribution of bags is critical to the success of the bottle drive! This is a super-easy job and can be done quickly with extra helpers (each person can typically do about 2 houses per minute). If you can do a route (1-2 streets) in your area, please let us know!
Bottle Drive and Hazardous Waste Roundup – Saturday, May 6th, 10:00am-2:30pm
We have many jobs on this day:
– Door to door pickups – we need volunteers with trucks/vans to drive and helpers to load vehicles. Each driver will get a route of about 3-5 streets. Free truck wash included if you use your vehicle!
– Bottle sorters – need many people to help sort cans, bottles and containers into their respective places
– Concession volunteers – need a couple of volunteers to cook BBQ lunch for our volunteers (all supplies provided)
- and a cleanup crew too! (push brooms appreciated!)
Spring Fling — Sunday, May 14th, 7:30am-2:30pm (event runs 8:30am-1:30pm, but need some additional time for setup/cleanup). As you know, we need many helpers for this event:
- traffic directors (2 people at any given time)
- truck drivers and helpers for household pickups
- concession staff (2-3 people)
- membership seller and pickups director
- waste “flingers”
- yard sale organizers
- cleanup crew (push brooms appreciated!)
- we are also looking for cookie bakers to bake monster cookies for our charity cookie sale (in conjunction with the concession)
And other things…
Sunday/Monday July 30th and 31st – Fairview’s 2017 Casino at Elbow River Casino – mark your calendars for this uber-important fundraising event for our community. Contact Dave at vp1@fairviewcommunity or 403-454-8327 if you can help out. More info in upcoming newsletters.
Our AGM is coming up in June and there are several positions open on our Board and Executive that need to be filled. Consider helping out your community by volunteering for a term in these important and prestigious positions!
And lastly, we are very thankful for Stacey McDougall’s superb help as our Parade of Garage Sales coordinator over the past several years, but Stacey will sadly be moving out of Fairview soon, so this position will be open going forward. Can you fill her shoes?! Contact Dave at email@example.com for more info.